Craps is one of the most entertaining games in the entire casino next to online slots, and although it’s entertaining it’s also very expensive if you don’t use some basic strategy. Even with using a good strategy you could still lose a lot of money quickly based solely on other players on the table. I would recommend reading through the tips and strategies I have written below so that next time you want to play craps in the casino you have an idea of what you’re doing.
* One of the most important gambling tips to learn when playing craps is how to roll the dice. You don’t want to just whip the dice down the table because you won’t have any control over the spinning of the dice. You need to be able to control the dice to a certain extent when you roll and the only way to do that is by practicing. If you don’t want to learn how to roll the dice properly then you shouldn’t play craps in a land based casino because you’ll only upset players on the table. Also make sure when you roll the dice you avoid the dice hitting any chips on the table or anything because this often will result in people becoming very upset with how you roll.
* Watch other players on the craps table the first round around the table and watch for who is rolling properly and who knows what they are doing. Typically about half the players on a craps table are there for fun whereas the other half of the players are there to make money. You want to bet more when a player who is playing to make money is rolling because often they know what they are doing and will roll for awhile.
* If you bet the pass line which most players on the craps table do then you will want to make sure you make the follow-up bet behind the pass line bet because it pays out more.
* It’s recommended that when you have a player rolling a number often you let your bet ride on that number for a few rounds and then take it down. You won’t make much money by playing the minimums every roll so when a roller is hot and hitting a certain number often don’t be scared to increase the bet.
* Play the hardways when you play craps especially when the point is on an even number. For instance, if the point is on 8 then you should be betting on an 8 hardway just in case it hits. If it doesn’t hit, but the 8 is still rolled then you will still make money so it’s worth playing the hardway for a small amount. With the hardway bets paying out 7:1 and 9:1 respectively depending on which hardway it is you have a nice profit margin which is worth playing.
Use the tips above to ensure that you’re ready to play craps next time you’re at the casino. Make sure you watch how others roll the dice and try to replicate the good rollers. You don’t want to roll the dice too lightly so that they don’t roll at all, but you definitely don’t want to haul them down the table either. You should roll them with control and soon you’ll notice that you won’t be rolling as many 7’s.